Wednesday 11 November 2009

24h session? I must be mad


I've read a post by CMAR on 2+2 that says you should try and have a hobby or something constructive to do whilst you are not playing. It was a decent point, and excluding bridge and pool, i often spent a lot of time during my non-playing sessions drifting on the internet or sleeping. I decided to get a couple of jigsaws and here is the first one completed. Took me a few days and got pretty hard when i only had the white bits left, but am pleased with the outcome. I'm going to get a frame and put it up on the wall because it looks pretty good.
Its one of M.C. Escher's impossible drawings, called 'ascending and descending'

Having read this post on 2+2 i've decided to give my own attempt on playing poker for 24 hours. It won't be easy and i will have to sort out food, drink and red bull in advance, but it'll put me back on target for my milestone bonus to be hit by the end of this month.

As I write this one person is 18.5 hours into his challenge, the other guy has dropped out. He's run pretty BE (Break Even) but he will have earned a fair amount of fpps for doing so. If i 24 tabled for the 24 hours, i would earn about 5400 vpps, which translates as 18900 fpps or $300 ish in cash. I doubt (severely!) that i will be able to maintain 24 tabling for that long so will probably cut to 9 or 12 after about 10k hands.

I won't be saying when i'm doing it, but it will likely be before the end of this month. I just don't want regulars picking on me at hour 16 onwards!

Steve

1 comment:

Conan776 said...

Nice. I actually did a graphical version of "Ascending and Descending" as my final project for my high school computer science class. Of course, back then we had 640x480 pixels and 16 colors to work with (including black! and we liked it!), so it was just a ball bouncing forever down the steps.